It’s clear the Force is strong with Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Since its debut last year, this spectacular experience inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has proven to be one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort.
To better help you plan ahead for your day at the park, when visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney is piloting a new approach to the virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Starting November 3rd, 2020.
Here’s how it will work:
- If you have a valid ticket or annual pass AND a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of your park reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney resort hotel, or wherever else nearby you might be at that time.
- Just as Disney does today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2 p.m. for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Note: You must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
To try to maximize the number of boarding groups Disney is able to accommodate while adhering to current health and safety guidelines, they recently added a clear barrier between the two rows of seats on each First Order Fleet Transport vehicle inside the attraction. This enables them to invite more guests to board Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance each day.
The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the My Disney Experience mobile app. To maximize your opportunity to secure a boarding group, here are some tips we recommend you check off your list prior to your day at the park:
- Register an account in My Disney Experience
- Download the My Disney Experience mobile app on your smart device or ensure you’re using the most updated version of the app before you arrive at the park.
- Link and assign all park tickets in your party to a My Disney Experience account
- Have a valid Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the day you’re visiting
- Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group; if multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group
- Remember, virtual queue boarding groups are limited and subject to availability
This new pilot approach to the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue is designed to give you the best possible experience during a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.